We rate our protein shakes and protein powders based on protein type and amount per serving, appetite suppressant, taste, price value, and how users rate it.
All proteins are not created equal whether it’s protein shakes or protein powders. Some protein shakes are cheap and some protein powders are expensive. Some of them act fast; others act more slowly. Some protein shakes are mixed with fillers; others are pure. When it comes to meal replacement shakes, the type of protein matters a great deal. There are many meal replacement shakes on the market using a wide variety of different protein types; from animals, from plants, and from soy. Some of these protein shakes actually “overdue” it, as they are loaded with more protein than the human body can absorb — around 10 to 15 grams at a time. (Excess protein gets eliminated from the body and can cause weight gain.)
We look for the best types of single protein shakes or blends, and note their value with our color ratings on each review.
Ongoing studies bolstered by everyday experience have proven that if you’re still hungry after drinking a shake, you are more likely to snack and lose any weight loss benefits the shake may have offered. The ability to effectively suppress appetite is worth its weight in gold.
We prefer natural ingredients that have been clinically studied and proven to be the most effective in staving off hunger. Our highest ratings go to those formulations with natural ingredients that perform best. We have found that a blend of ingredients works better than any single supplement.
It is well known that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Taste is very much the same. Not everyone prefers the same flavors, and not everyone has the same preferences for “sweetness” when it comes down to protein shakes. Research shows that if you don’t like the taste of a protein shake you will not continue to use it, thus rendering it worthless as a weight loss tool. This is why we looked into the taste component and featured it as part of our review process.
The cost of a protein shake is often, although not always, an indicator of the quality of ingredients found inside the product. A common rule of thumb is to avoid low cost protein shakes and protein powders as they usually have soy fillers, artificial sweeteners, and other controversial additives. All these are very counter-productive to weight loss.
How do we protect visitor information? We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties? We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Meal Replacement Shakes. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Terms and Conditions Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
1. Terms By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Meal Replacement Shakes web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Meal Replacement Shakes web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Meal Replacement Shakes at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Disclaimer The materials on Meal Replacement Shakes web site are provided "as is". Meal Replacement Shakes makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Meal Replacement Shakes does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Limitations In no event shall Meal Replacement Shakes or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Meal Replacement Shakes Internet site, even if Meal Replacement Shakes or a Meal Replacement Shakes authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata The materials appearing on Meal Replacement Shakes web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Meal Replacement Shakes does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Meal Replacement Shakes may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Meal Replacement Shakes does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
6. Links Meal Replacement Shakes has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Meal Replacement Shakes of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law Any claim relating to Meal Replacement Shakes web site shall be governed by the local laws without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.
Healthy weight loss is approx. 1-2 pounds per week. Check with your physician before beginning a supplement program.