If you’ve tried meal replacement shakes already, you’ll know that sometimes, they don’t taste the best. There are simple things you can do to make your shake experience as pleasurable as possible:
1) Make sure it’s cold! Generally, cold shakes taste better than warm ones, so to make the most of your shake, make sure you blend ice into it or you keep it in the fridge before you are ready to drink it.
2) Fruits make great add-ons to shakes and can bring incredible nutritional value.
We especially like blending in these:
– Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
3) Spices add a great flavor kick to your typical shake. Great ones to mix in with your shake are nutmeg, cinnamon, or a dash of flavored extract.
4) Natural peanut butter is a great way to add flavor and texture to your shake. Peanut butter adds natural fats that are important in your diet.
5) Nuts are a great way to boost the protein level in your shake. Toss in a handful of nuts for added protein and energy.
6) Make sure you have enough liquids in your shake – whether that is water, almond milk, or carrot juice for extra flavor and nutrients.
7) Non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is strained several times and this removes some of the lactose and sugar, making this a healthy option to add texture to your shake. It also has protein in it. Just make sure it’s non-fat!
8) Add vegetables, such as kale and spinach to add vitamins and antioxidants to your shake.
9) Cocoa powder can curb those chocolate cravings without hiking up the calories. Throw some in your vanilla shake and it will taste like heaven!
10) Ginger is great to calm your stomach. If you have a sensitive stomach, adding a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger can set your stomach feeling calm all day!